WODs & News
Get our latest posts delivered to your inbox!
Click January 2015 Paleo Challenge Info v3 for the packet o’ info.
Please read the linked packet and bring any questions (including food questions!) to the Paleo Challenge meeting this Saturday (12/20/14) at 9:00am. The meeting will not last too long, hopefully, and this year’s Benchmark WOD will occur directly post meeting. We will have a sign-up sheet at the front desk to sign up for the various waves of the Benchmark WOD if you know that you will need to leave earlier.
Quick Run-Down Of This Year’s Challenge
– Action Dates = Saturday, 1/3/15 to Friday, 1/30/15 (28 Days)
– 2 teams (Dan (assistant coaches = Dana/Drew) vs Brooks’s Baconators (Jamie/Sherry))
– 1 Paleo “Challenged” team (led by Josh)
This Paleo “Challenged” team will follow all of the same rules outlined in the packet and discussed during the meeting, keep track of the same benchmarks, and keep score, but will just not count towards the “official” competing teams. You might choose to play here this year if: a) it is your first year and you aren’t competitively interested yet but you still want to try to live clean and make better dietary choices; b) you know your work travel schedule is crazy and has alcohol temptations up the wazoo; c) you don’t want the pressure of potentially letting a team down; or any other reason(s). Please, you must let us know if you want to be part of this group by Saturday at the meeting at the absolute latest!
– Points will be rewarded for:
1) Eating Perfect Paleo Daily
2) Intake of Daily Essential Nutrition Supplementation (water, fish oil, vitamin D, magnesium)
3) WODs/week (up to 5 this year!)
4) Social Media Participation (two posts/week via Instagram or Facebook using certain “@” and “#”)
5) Theme Day Participation (weekly)
6) Before and After Body Composition results
7) Before and After Benchmark WOD results
We will go over ALL other details on Saturday. If you will be unable to attend this Saturday, it will be up to your team captain to inform you of any rule clarifications.
We can’t tell you how excited we are about this year’s challenge! Looking forward to seeing a huge, gym-wide participation level!